Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Justin Harper's First Clips From Strasbourg




I have no idea where this Strasbourg friendly took place, but this is where we get our first look at our new 6'9" forward. I'm assuming this isn't SIG's 6,000 seat venue. Supposedly this match occurred September 9th against a team called Souffelweyersheim, a 3rd division French team, which is also part of metropolitan Strasbourg. As you can tell by my late posting, I have seen zero coverage of Justin Harper or his new SIG team from any American media outlets (let alone Orlando) up to this point.

Strasbourg defeated their opponent 85-72. I can find no box score. But based on the only two videos of Justin Harper (and one of Lavoy Allen), we know the locked out rookie had at least 5 points. Can't even tell what number he will wear across the pond. I will say the jumper looks very smooth and he's moving around in a halfcourt set with relative ease, showing nice off-ball movement and screens. Mind you, this is a putrid opponent. Again, it's two tiny clips, not an entire game.

Hopefully this almost invisible journalism doesn't become a trend, because I know myself and other Magic fans want to keep track of the #32 Draft pick's progress in the French Pro A league. After all, last month I did a piece on why Justin shouldn't be playing in France.  I'd hate to be proven correct. Strasbourg is a young, very talented team this upcoming season. With that said, there will be plenty of chances for Justin Harper to show off how well he can carry a roster.

SIG Strasbourg will take on Nicolas Batum's lockout team, SLUC Nancy on October 15th to begin the Pro A season. So there's still a month's preparation left and plenty of exhibitions to accompany the training.


No comments:

Post a Comment